An experience in low-maintenance, sustainable-care greenery and organically inspired accoutrements,
shelf (formerly succiko) is an indoor garden-based boutique that emphasizes reconnecting with nature and one another.
when to visit our shop
Monday | CLOSED
Tuesday | By Appointment
Wednesday - Friday | 11:00 A - 6:00 P
Saturday | 11:00 A - 5:00 P
Sunday | 12:00 P - 4:00 P
ways to reach us
19577 Center Street
Castro Valley, California 94546
650 892 3042
other burning questions
- increasing awareness of drought-tolerant landscaping and environmental sustainability.
- improving mental health through aesthetic spaces and reconnecting people with nature.
- inspiring our guests to tap into their imagination and create something beautiful with the hope that their creations remind them to live everyday beautifully.
The concept for the succulent shop was solidified on Independence Day of 2014. We got the keys to the first store on Labor Day 2014. The retail store had its official Grand Opening on the day after Paolo's birthday in 2014.
- Sourcing new product lines made by amazing local makers. These offerings stress intricately designed small batches of accents and accessories created with our guests in mind.
- Increasing community ties through events collaborated with our business partners.
- Acquiring a space with an outdoor area dedicated to a garden.
- With the outdoor space, providing seating for our specialty coffee bar. The coffee bar will have simple, yet refined offerings of coffee and tea beverages with some light and healthy fares that will complement the drinks.